HCSO Seeks Residential Gate Codes for Emergency Access

The Hays County sheriff’s office is asking residents that have a coded gate granting access to their property to provide the code so that dispatchers have it on file for emergencies.

Gated communities, private residences, apartment complexes and commercial properties are among the properties the sheriff’s office is seeking codes from to update its databases in the Emergency Communications Division.

Residents should email their gate code to vips@co.hays.tx.us with GATE CODE in the subject line or call 512-393-7373, according to the sheriff’s office.

The agency is also requesting the following information:

  • The name of the location
  • A contact person
  • The physical or 911 address
  • Any special instructions or extra information, such as whether a pet lives at the home or a resident is hearing impaired
  • A phone number

Comments are closed.